Beijing; the Past and the Present, China’s ancient rulers displayed their power and lordship through the construction of magnificent palaces, imperial residences and scores of temples.
Today, Beijing is home to a population of approximately 18 million, as well as being the country’s political and cultural centre. The Great Wall of China lies a mere 60 km away from the city.
The city’s clear planning and the efficient transport system have made Beijing very accessible and easy to experience, while at the same time the city retains the majesty and splendour of places such as the Forbidden City.
Many Beijingians speak Mandarin Chinese and are traditionally very open and willing to communicate. China’s top universities are found mostly in the northwest of the city centre.
Our school, established partly in Chinese style, lies right within the Imperial Ancestral Temple, in the Wen Hua Gong building.
This area is surrounded by the concealed yet imposing beauty of the Forbidden City, with trees, hundreds of years old and garden landscaping in Chinese style.
Also only a few minutes walk away lies Tiananmen Square, here you will find the subway station that will take you to and from the hotel.
The Wangfujing, Beijing’s best known and biggest shopping street, is also within a 10 minute walk.
Beijing in a Nutshell
Beijing is the second largest city in China and is the northern administrative municipality.
• Famous for
Chinese food; world-changing political events; Jin and Mongol dynasties; vast population; unique cultural heritage; the Great Wall of China.
• School surroundings
Our school is centrally located within the Imperial Gardens in the Wen Hua Gong; the cultural Palace of Beijing which is surrounded by the Forbidden City. Tiananmen Square and shopping areas are just a short walk away.
• Places of interest
The Forbidden City, Great Wall of China, Mao's Mausoleum, Square of Heavenly Peace, Wangfujin.
The nightlife in Beijing is quite diverse you will find bars and clubs which fit all tastes.
Shops are open every day from 09:00 to 21:00, Monday to Friday, while the evening markets are open until midnight.
• Public transport facilities
Metro, bus and taxi.
• Getting there from the airport
By bus: Your stop is Tian An Men East.
The ride takes approximately 2 hours. By train:Underground to 'Tian An Men East' and exit the station via Exit A. By taxi: The airport is 35 km from the centre, the taxi ride will take about 45 minutes.
Our school is located in a charming building decorated in a mixture of Chinese and European styles. The building itself is part of the Forbidden City and the gardens of the Ancestral Temple.
Our school is well-known for our qualified, professional teachers who are all native speakers of Mandarin Chinese.
• 12 classrooms
• Accredited by Business and Commerce Bureau of China, ALTO, WYSE (formerly FIYTO)
• Free tea and coffee are served in the school lobby
• Canteen is open for lunch between 12:00 and 13:30
• Internet access is available at the school
About our participants
• Student nationalities: English, German, Swedish, Canadian, French, Italian and others
• Average age: 26.4 years
In all our courses Mandarin Chinese is taught and courses themselves are held in Chinese. However, our teachers also speak other foreign languages and a word or two can always be translated to help students!
During the first few days beginners will only be taught the aspects of speaking and listening and everyday Chinese - the characters will be dealt with later in the course.
Chinese courses in Beijing - China
Semi-Intensive Course with 20 lessons per week
• 4 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: 09:00 - 10:30 & 11:00 - 12:30*
• Maximum of 10 students per class; minimum age is 18 years
Intensive Course with 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: 09:00 - 10:30 & 11:00 - 12:30 & 13:00 - 14:30*
• Maximum of 10 students per class; minimum age is 18 years
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organisational requirements.
One-to-One lessons with 10, 20 or 30 lessons per week
• 2, 4 or 6 lessons daily; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: To be agreed upon individually
• Single and shared double rooms with en-suite bathrooms
• Double rooms must be booked by two students travelling together
• Optional Half board includes breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday
• Facilities include a bar, restaurant and launderette
• Internet acess is available
• Daily cleaning service
• Bed linen is provided; students are requested to bring their own towels
• 10-15 minutes on foot to the school
Full day excursion to the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs
Full day excursion to Xiang Shan, Biyun Temple
Excursion to the Temple of Heaven
Foot Massage at Liangzi Health Centre
Excursion to Lama and Kongfuzi Temple
Dinner and Acrobatics Show
Half-day and whole-day tours will be arranged to the Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Hutong Tour and Silk Market.
A sport centre is just 1 metro station away, you can play football, basketball, badminton and tennis. It also provides a swimming pool.
*Please note that the activities listed here are suggestions. The optional activities and excursions will be published in our school and may incur additional costs that must be paid onsite, as well as a minimum number of participants for the activities and excursions to take place.
Chinese Painting Course - 1 week Tai Chi course - 1 week
115 € 115 €
1 lesson lasts 45 minutes • All Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week
Maximum group size: 8 participants • No lessons will be held on these public holidays: 15. - 23.02.; 05.-06.04.; 01.-03.05.; 18.06.; 24.09.; 01.-05.10.; 01.01.19.; 04.-08.02.2019.
Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation
11.02.2018 17.06.2018 30.09.2018
24.02.2018 25.08.2018 13.10.2018
30 € 30 € 30 €
The weekly accommodation price includes accommodation from Sunday prior to your course until Saturday after your course. Extra nights are available for a supplement. • Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week