Nice is more than simply the capital of the Côte D' Azur, it’s the fifth largest town in France, a chic and flirtatious coastal resort with a backdrop of wealth and fine architecture.
Located on the Mediterranean coast, at the western end of the Riviera, the city boasts of a plethora of ruins, museums, boutiques, and the appealing French café culture.
Cafés occupy weathered 17th and 18th century buildings, while outdoor markets crowd the old town's streets and Venetian-style squares. Like most of the Riviera, Nice has a lively nightlife and the old town centre is awake until the early hours of the morning.
The July jazz festival attracts famous international artists such as James Brown, Winston and Branford Marsalis, Michel Petrucciani. The February carnival with its procession of flower floats and the famous "Bataille des Fleurs" attracts visitors from all over the world.
From here all interesting sites on the Riviera are close by - Monaco, Cannes and Antibes are easily accessible by train. There are bus services to visit St. Tropez, famous for its film and pop stars. This is the place where Mika invented the delicious ”Tarte Tropézienne".
Nice in a Nutshell
Nice is a sea resort located in Southern France on the Cote d'Azur (French Riviera).
• Famous for
Leading sea resort on the French Riviera, old city centre, art and culture.
• School surroundings
Our school is located in the city centre just a short walk from the beach and Notre Dame Cathedral.
• Cities, towns and villages nearby
Cannes, Monaco, Antibes, Eze, St. Tropez, San Remo.
• Places of interest
Beachwalk, Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporain, Musée Chagall, old city centre, Nice Theatre, Mamac.
• Special events
Grand Prix de Monaco, Tennis Masters de Monaco, Festival de Cannes.
Nice and the surrounding cities are dream destinations for anyone interested in designer clothes and accessories.
Nightlife on the French Riviera needs to introduction - it is as famous as the Mona Lisa itself. With a vast array of bars, restaurants, discotheques and casinos there are endless possibilities for a night out on the town!
• Public transport facilities
The best way to get around in Nice is on foot, alternatively local buses provide connections to all parts of the city.
• Getting there from the airport
By bus: Express bus No. 98 or 99 to the city centre. From there it's a 5 minute walk.
By train: Not possible
By taxi: Taxis can be found outside the terminal. The trip takes about half an hour.
• apartments are shared with other students and self-catering
• single and shared double rooms (only in high season for joint bookings) are available
• fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom are shared
• studios are private apartments for one person (NOT shared with fellow students)
• weekly cleaning service / students are asked to take care of the day-to-day cleaning
• bed-linen is provided / students are requested to provide their own towels
• 5-20 minute walk to the school and beach
Recommended if you are interested to learn about French lifestyle and speak French after class.
• accommodation with a French host family
• breakfast is included, half board optional
• single and shared double rooms are available
• rooms are cleaned by the host family
• bed linen provided; students are requested to bring their own towels.
• 10 - 30 minutes by public transport to the school and beach
If you would like more service and comfort, hotel accommodation is the right choice for you.
• three star hotel in the heart of Nice
• single and double rooms are available
• double rooms have to be reserved by two students who travel together
• cleaning service usually every day
• bed linen and towels are provided
• 5-15 minute walk to the beach and school
Full day excursion to St Tropez et Port Grimaud, Cannes, Gorges du Daluis.
Weekend excursion to Auron (in winter only)
Rollerblading, volleyball, tennis, jogging and skiing in the winter; a fitness centre is close to the school.
*Please note that the activities listed here are suggestions. The optional activities and excursions will be published in our school and may incur additional costs that must be paid onsite, as well as a minimum number of participants for the activities and excursions to take place.
1 lesson lasts 45 minutes • All Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week
Maximum group size: 12 participants • No lessons will be held on these public holidays: 02.04.; 01. & 08. & 10. & 21.05.; 15.08.; 01.11.; 17.12.2018 - 25.01.2019.
Accommodation prices 2018
Standard apartment - double room Standard apartment - single room
Family - double room - Breakfast Family - single room - Breakfast Family - double room - half board Family - single room - half board
Hotel - double room Hotel - single room
Studio - single room
330 € 430 €
250 € 310 € 290 € 350 €
420 € 630 €
580 € 780 €
420 € 540 € 500 € 620 €
760 € 1180 €
830 € 1130 €
590 € 770 € 710 € 890 €
1100 € 1730 €
1080 € 1480 €
760 € 1000 € 920 € 1160 €
1440 € 2280 €
250 € 350 €
170 € 230 € 210 € 270 €
340 € 550 €
Seasonal surcharges per week
Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation
18.03.2018 17.06.2018 26.08.2018
16.06.2018 25.08.2018 29.09.2018
30 € 70 € 30 €
The weekly accommodation price includes accommodation from Sunday prior to your course until Saturday after your course. Extra nights are available for a supplement. • Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week