The capital city of the Catalan region is one of Spain’s jewels.
Located on the north-east coast, the Costa Brava, Barcelona has a sunny and warm climate all year round.
Barcelona the cradle of the Catalan culture overwhelms visitors with it's hospitality, and cultural richness. The fashionable and buzzing city has a rich and tightly-knit cultural tempo to it; excitement can be felt everywhere, yet, the relaxed and friendly manner of these people never fails to reach out to you and to leave you with a smile.
You will find some of the greatest concerts, jazz bars, newest theatres, exhibitions, galleries, restaurants, and avant-garde clubs here; and architecturally speaking, Barcelona is full of versatile impressions and it is fun to experience them.
Barcelona in a Nutshell
Barcelona on the Mediterranean coast is the capital and largest city of Catalonia.
• Famous for
Capital of Catalonia; a buzzing and cosmopolitan city; the architecture of Antoni Gaudi.
• Places of interest
La Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Castell de Montjuic, las
Ramblas, Museo Arte Contemporaneo, Museo Arqueológico, The Gothic Quarter, Casa Batllo.
• School surroundings
Our school is located on Via Laietana in the very centre of Barcelona.
Barcelona is not only famous for its culture, but also for its fantastic nightlife. In the past few years Barcelona has become one of the hottest party cities in Europe. Nightlife is not only stunning on the weekend but also during the week.
• Public transport facilities
In Barcelona it’s best to use the Metro. The closest station is Jaume I right in front of our school.
• Getting there from the airport
By bus: The aerobus from the airport to Plaza Catalunya leaves every 12 minutes.
By train: The RENFE train to Plaza Catalunya leaves every 20 minutes.
By taxi: A taxi from the airport to the city centre costs approximately 25 Euro.
• apartments are shared by 5-6 students or by students and the landlord
• single and shared double rooms are available
• fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom are shared
• weekly cleaning service; students are asked to take care of the day-to-day cleaning
• bed-linen is provided; students are requested to provide their own towels
• 20-40 minutes by pubclic transport to the school
If you are interested to learn about local lifestyle and practice Spanish outside class we recommend staying with a Spanish host family.
• accommodation with a Spanish host family
• breakfast is included
• single and shared double rooms are available
• kitchen and bathroom are shared
• rooms are cleaned by the host family
• bed linen provided; students are requested to bring their own towels
• some families may offer to do the laundry for their students for a small extra charge
• 10-40 minutes by public transport to the school
In the high season we also offer accommodation in residences, the main difference to apartments is that in a residence 10-12 students will stay together and share bathroom and kitchen.
• shared by 10-12 students; single and double rooms are available
• double rooms have to be reserved by two students who travel together
• only available in the high season
• fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom are shared with self-catering
• weekly cleaning service
• students are asked to take care of the day-to-day cleaning
• bed-linen is provided;
students are requested to provide their own towels
• 10-20 minute walk to the school
Visit to Museo Arqueologico and Barcelona Zoo, dinner in traditional Spanish restaurants; linguistic exchanges; IMAX cinema; visit to special events such as Carneval and Semana Santa Processions.
Fullday excursion to the Caves Cellars; weekend excursions to Madrid and Sevilla.
*Please note that the activities listed here are suggestions. The optional activities and excursions will be published in our school and may incur additional costs that must be paid onsite, as well as a minimum number of participants for the activities and excursions to take place.
1 lesson lasts 45 minutes • All Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week
Maximum group size: 10 participants • No lessons will be held on these public holidays: 01. & 07.01.19.; 19. & 22.04.; 01.05.; 10. & 24.06.; 15.08.; 11. & 24.09.; 01.11.; 06. & 22.12. - 29.12.19.; 03. & 06.01.20.
Accommodation prices 2019
Standard apartment - double room Standard apartment - single room
Family - single room - Breakfast Family - single room - half board
Residence - double room Residence - single room
210 € 280 €
240 € 280 €
310 € 360 €
340 € 480 €
400 € 480 €
540 € 640 €
470 € 680 €
560 € 680 €
770 € 920 €
600 € 880 €
720 € 880 €
1000 € 1200 €
130 € 200 €
160 € 200 €
230 € 280 €
Seasonal surcharges per week
Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation
07.04.2019 16.06.2019 25.08.2019
15.06.2019 24.08.2019 28.09.2019
20 € 50 € 20 €
The weekly accommodation price includes accommodation from Sunday prior to your course until Saturday after your course. Extra nights are available for a supplement. • Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week